Question

EmsLemonds

A very old debt just appeared on my report
I just received notification that a medical debt that's 6 years old was just added to collections. I've never even heard of this collection agency, I've been trying to work on my credit and this just took a hit to my report I'm so disappointed.

You could try disputing it to see if they have all of their paperwork in order. Besides that, maybe a "pay for delete agreement" if you have the money to pay in full. Or, just let it age off of your reports. That may be your best option if it is six years old. Read about "early exclusion" you could get this removed prior to the seven year mark.