Question

ProfessorBarnhardt

A sheep in wolf's clothing?
For the first time since I've been a CreditKarma member, I'm disappointed. This morning, I received a promotional email from CreditKarma - inviting me to apply for Gettington.com credit through WebBank (looks like an installment account but reported like a credit card). Fingerhut is the same. And when I went to their website to look around, I noticed that it looked almost identical to the Fingerhut.com site. The clincher came when I saw that Fingerhut and Gettington share the same mailing address:

6250 Ridgewood Rd
St. Cloud, MN 56303

In the town where I grew up, there were 3 bail-bond agencies with different names - but they were owned by the same guy. It's easy to compete with yourself. Likewise, Fingerhut and Gettington are likely owned by the same people. It's just that Gettington is trying to put on a happier "fresh" face. Ultimately, though, they both walk like a duck and talk like a duck (higher prices, higher interest, higher shipping, etc.).

Does anyone have any experience with Gettington they'd like to share?

Amway=Alticor=Quixtar=Amway

Fingerhut and Gettington are one in the same with a focus on different customer tastes.  Kinda like McDonalds and Fazoli's.  They're all going to cost you much more in the end...