Question

shannonwyoming

A removed account / Lawyer still sending letters from the collection agency.
A collection agency filed with a lawyer, i requested the original debt information. I received it in the mail and the next time I checked my report it showed up as "removed" This was 2-3 months ago now. The Lawyer however, keeps sending me letters requesting payment in the name of the collection agency. Do I owe this still? Do I owe the Lawyer?

Check to find out what the Statute of Limitations to be sued for debt is in your state. If the debt is outside of the SOL, then send them a Cease&Desist letter telling them to no longer contact you about the debt. If the debt is within the SOL, then you may want to consider paying it. Do some reading on the FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act) to see if they are violating any laws and if you find them to be, consult with a consumer law attorney that deals with FDCPA cases.