Question

Volatilecandle

A question about credit
I'm looking to hopefully get a house. I have a 500 credit score right now because of missed payments on 3 credit accounts. I'm 23 and I was stupid about taking on more than I could handle. I'm working on paying off those accounts now, but additional things I could try to do to boost me to an acceptable score to get a mortgage about a year or so from now

Educate yourself thoroughly on credit building and credit rebuilding. I am talking hours upon hours of research, it will benefit you more than anything. Do your best to clean up your reports (the right way, there are many wrong ways to go about it), get a few positive lines of credit going now and keep them in good standing (a few credit cards and an installment loan even if they all have to be secured, make sure that the creditors report to all three credit bureaus before applying). Make some lifestyle changes to save more money. Be patient and your hard work will pay off.