Question

redgravi

A medical bill that was paid off by the health insurance late sent me to collections.
I lost 108 points from one month to the next cause they sent me to collections. After all the parties communicated to each other, the collections agency says its now zero balance but still i lost 108 points. Can points be restored due to inaccurate information?

You could contact the medical provider and explain your situation and see if they can have the collection company remove the account from your reports. Or you could contact the collection agency and ask them to remove the account as it really was not due to your error. Do some research on how to write a "Goodwill letter" you could also do a goodwill request in person or over the phone. If the medical provider and the collection company refuse to remove it and the insurance company was in error, then I would contact a consumer law attorney and sue the insurance company as they have caused actual damages to you. Actually, you have damages right now, so you may want to consult with an attorney now and see if you can hold the insurance company liable for their errors. Personally, I would be on the phone tomorrow with an attorney.