Question

boskydell

A medical bill in collections.
I was told that if I pay my bill in full today, that the credit agency will make my credit report look as though the medical bill 'never happened'.
Is this possible?
The insurance company says that they are (finally) in the process of paying this bill, so I expect that the bill bill be covered very soon.
The payment is a real struggle for me to make, and reimbursment probably will take several weeks.

Most Helpful Response

To answer your first question, yes the credit agency can remove the account from your report, but get it in writing before you pay (if you decide to pay) because often they don't follow through and you'll need that written proof to send to the bureaus.

Tell the credit agency that you can't afford to pay, but the insurance is paying it, (that's why you have insurance, for Pete's sake) and that once they get paid to please remove it from your report.  It was probably the billing company's fault insurance didn't pay right away, they usually don't use correct coding and account numbers.  If I were you, I'd wait it out.  Best of luck!