Question

jonesy2488

A judgement on my report does not have any date attached to it. Can I dispute and have it removed?
I had a car repossessed after I lost my job back in 2009. I was sued for the balance and a court judgement placed against me. They garnished my wages for about 2 years and then I went to a new job and the garnishment stopped. They have not yet attempted to garnish my new wages and it has been about 2 years now. On my reports the repo itself shows as *charged off/profit and loss* and the judgement no longer has any date attached to it just a blank - where it should be. If i dispute this judgement due to incorrect information because the date is wrong will it get deleted or will the creditor just start coming after me again for payment?. Thanks!

50/50 chance of you uncovering a snake waiting to strike. Your approach towards the inaccurate information is logical. If there is something incorrect; it must be removed. Also by disputing the info, you are in return challenging the very organization that slapped you with the garnishment in the first place. If they did not recoup all of their monies from you; then they could legally persue the remaining balance. Some employers have been known to terminate employees for garnishments (depending on your line of profession) because it reflects negatively on your honesty/integrity to fulfill a comittment.. I'd wait a little longer if you want to dispute it. Look up your state's statute of limitations.....