Question

mcvey7

A judgement on my credit just turned 7, how can I get it off my report?
I was a co-signer on a failed business. The judgment was placed on my credit seven years ago, how do I go about removing it now? At the time is was placed on my report they said it would last seven years. Do I need to do anything or will it automatically come off soon.

It should fall off,

Usually with in 30 days after the anniversary.  If it doesn't you can file a dispute with the CRA's on line at their respective websites. 

If it is unpaid, judgments stay on your report for 10 years, not 7.  If paid, then it is 7 years.  Also, the creditor can re-instate the judgment after the 10 years expire, although few bother to do that.