Question

Steve1018

A false collections was placed on myncredit was just removed, how long till my credit improves?
I had a false collections account placed on my credit that I have been disputing for a while now. I won out that claim with the help of a lawyer and they agreed to remove everything negative regarding the collections(as it shows on Credit Karma, the collections is gone). However, due to the time the collections was on my account, my score dropped roughly 80-90 points. Since this was a false claim by the collection agency how long will it take to see my credit score improve, and how much should my score be expected to increase(on a rough estimate)? I was also had other credit cards pull my credit limit down due to the collections account, should I call the credit companies I have cards with to tell them of the situation? The collections agency did send a letter to me stating they were removing everything off my history, so I do have evidence and proof. Maybe it's impatience, but does it take a while to reflect this change?

Once the collection is removed then your score should go up immediately. Not sure why it didn't if the account was removed from your reports, something else must have changed with your overall credit profile to not get the points back. Are you watching your FICO scores in addition to non-fico scores? If not I highly recommend that you do. It would not hurt one bit to contact your creditors that reduced your limits and explain your situation, you never know a simple phone call may get your limits put back to where they were. Your lawyer must not have been worth a **** if all they did was get this company to remove the accounts from your reports, I hope that they had to pay some money for FDCPA violations in addition to actual damages.