Question

fermargra

a debt that was charged off was placed as a lien on my house Anything to do?
the company has never contacted me to pay up. It was a defective well water system. They instead charged it off as a profit and loss write off. Then I found out they placed a lien on my house, What can I do?

Most Helpful Response

When you have any contracting work done, you sign a paper acknowledging that, should you fail to pay for the work done, they can place a lein on your property.  The charge off shows that they had given up collection activities on that work.  You needed to work towards getting the dispute on the quality of that system resolved.  If you have copies of letters showing that you tried getting a resolution then you might be able to go to the state's construction board to help arbitrate this.  You can't just not pay without trying to get the situation corrected.  Phone calls don't work in this situation.