Credit Advice

Have a question? Have advice to share? The combined knowledge and experience of everyone in the Credit Karma community can help you. Enter your question or help others below to get started!


Posted in Credit Report
Profile Image

Question By

0 Contributions
0 People Helped
A debt changed to "removed collections" last year. Now I have a letter for settlement?
So my question is, what is the proper way to go about this? It states that the debt is too old for them to sue me for, but if I dont pay it now it will be reported to the credit agencies.
It was previously on my report for nearly 8 years...does this mean it will go back on? Or are they just trying to get one over on me and I should be able to ignore it?

Your Credit Scores Should Be Free. And Now They Are.

View your scores and reports anytime.


Reply to this Question

Write your response:
Enter Your Comments

The Credit Advice pages of the Site may contain messages submitted by users over whom Credit Karma has no control. Credit Karma cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any such messages. Some users may post messages that are misleading, untrue or offensive. You must bear all risk associated with your use of the Credit Advice pages and should not rely on messages in making (or refraining from making) any specific financial or other decisions.