Question

JaneMary044

A creditor reported they gave me 20000 for a car loan
I only sat down to talk with someone about the possibility of lowering my payments thru their company. They never gave me the loan. I declined the offer. It has apparently been on my report for 8 yrs that they gave me a loan. I disputed the loan and the company still refuses to remove it. They keep stating that it won't adversely affect my credit. It looks to me as if I borrow too much so I want it removed! Does this make my report look bad?

Is the account paid off and closed? If so, then it is probably helping your credit. "borrowing money" is what builds and maintains good credit. Take some time to read all you can find on credit.