Question

ShondaLynnJ

A collection reported thru cavalry, but they refer me to Glass Mtn, How do I get it removed?
The collection is reported by Cavalry but they refer me to Glass Mountain and I only want to pay this very old debt if it is reported as paid or removed from my report.

Depends on what "very old" means. If it's older that the Statute of Limitations for your state, you;re in a great position to negotiate a pay-for-removal. But then, these things only stay on your credit report for seven years anyway, so it may just die on its own.

ShondaLynnJ

Thanks for your response.  I was able to negotiate a settlement, but they refuse to remove the account from my credit report.  The account is 6 years old so it will fall off in a year, but in that time at least it will now show as paid.