Question

Rhyno78

A collection not found in my credit report
I received a collection letter in the mail, but my report contains no collections and hasn't for a quite a while. All bad credit/derogatory marks were taken care of prior to me buying a house because I had to meet a clean credit criteria for my home purchase. Do I dispute this or what do I do? It's a very old bill (5-7years) from a store credit card and it doesn't say on it that they can't sue me if I don't respond like some of them due to the time running out.

Do an online search for Statute of Limitations on collections and find what it is for your state, since it varies. m If the SOL has expired, just let this go until it falls off your report because you cannot be sued to collect.  If the SOL has not expired, you may want to negotiate a 'pay for delete' agreement in writing, and that topic is covered in the informative articles on this site. I advise taking the time to read this information.