Question

mommasprinkles

A collection acount is listed as closed, now what?
Hello,
I just recently started looking at my credit score, because we are wanting to buy a house soon. I found two collection acounts that were not valid. The amounts were $500 and $3000. I disputed these accounts with all three reporting credit bureaus and also with the reporting collection agency. I was hoping that these invalid entries would be deleted off my credit report and raise my score at least a little. However, my score is still the same and the accounts are now reflecting that they are closed. And the date listed below closed states like 11/6/1969 or some date way before I was even born. I really just need these off my credit, because they never should have been on their in the first place, how do I get these off, and will doing so help my credit score? Any insight would be appreciated.

Yes, getting them off will help your score.  You need to write more letters to the bureaus and the collectors and tell them to delete the accounts.  You may have to do this several times before they comply.