Question

Katmichelle

A closed/cancelled account still showing.
I've closed a store credit card account and it is still showing here...why? How do I fix this?

Most Helpful Response

Federal credit reporting laws

That is the factor in what remains on your credit report.  The law says any credit account you have had will be reported for 7 years, except for bankruptcies which can remain for 10 years.  So, it's just going to be a waiting game until the accounts drop off.  If this account has a positive report, be glad it is remaining.  Even if closed, a positive remaining on your credit record is a good thing.  If it is bad, well, it's just something that has to be waited out until it does drop off.  There is nothing else that can be done.

Lina562

What if the account is closed but show that it is open ? For some reason , some of my cards that I was an authorized user on still shows open and on my credit. But the thing is, They removed my name off so I am no longer liable for those accounts. ALSO it is a closed account its not even open and available for use.