Question

bpoland58

a CC increased my limit by closing acct and opened new one. Good or bad? If bad how can I fix?
I received a limit increase from Web bank but instead of upping the limit they closed the account and started a new account with a new higher limit. Is this going to help or hurt. As I see it there will be an additional account but average age of accounts will be lower. If that is not a good thing can it be corrected?

Most Helpful Response

bpoland58

I dont think you can change it.  I have had a similar experience with a credit card.  When I started my credit repair process years ago, I had a sub-prime card from a place called Orchard Bank.  A new cc account from a company called Capitol One showed up on my report with the same limit, etc...  I did some digging and found out that they had bought that company.  So the acct was switched with no interaction or knowledge on my part.  To my credit report/history this was seemless, and the only net affect was that an additional account in good standing on my history, so it was actually all positive.  There was no age of acct hit from the new acct being generated.

Hope this turn out to be the same in your situation.

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck

Rich