Question

Ass73

90+ late payments... I applied for a conventional home loan. Lender said no problem!
My mid score was 626... Lender said paying down 2 credit cards down to less then 30% on each would get me over the 640 needed for a conventional loan. Everything is is fine, job history, income, DTI(35%). lender is goigng to do rapid restore after I print him new balance on both credit cards. Question is has anybody had luck doing those? Even with the 90+ late payments still on credit report? My spouse is also on the loan app and has credit score in low 700's with do baddies on credit but income is much lower.