Question

lizqmatos

7 years limitation works
Hello, I'm trying to receive some clarification on how the 7 yrs charge off works. I have below debt that has been over 8 yrs but is still being reported. I'm trying to clean up my credit. but wondering what can I do to have this debt removed.
1 account reported on Jan 09, 2017
0 accounts reported on Jan 09, 2017
Open
Account #1
$1,999
Balance
09 PARK DEL MAR
Original Creditor
$1,999
High Balance
Apr 15, 2011
Opened Date
Dec 20, 2016
Last Reported
Individual
Responsibility
Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements
Remarks
Note

The account is not past the 7 yr mark

The date opened is Apr 2011,  Add 7 years and 1 month to that and that date will be May 2018.  

The more important date that isn't showing is the date of last contact, which would be the last time you made a payment, Wrote them a letter or called them. Legally that is the date that matters, since they have 7 years from that"Date of last contact"  to actually try to collect this debt. 

Paid or not it will stay on your report until that time has past.   Given the amount of the debt, if I were you, I would make the effort to either  get it paid off or try and get it removed if it isn't actullay your debt.