Question

timber77

7 year old credit card debt still being reported?
I have an old credit card debt that the statute of limitations expired on in September of this year.. I also remember reading a note on one of my reports I pulled up a few years back saying that it would be deleted from my record in September 2014.

I just got a note from CreditKarma and it was about that debt being reported again on Nov.

Who do I report this to? Its being reported by TransUnion I guess.. Should I contact the company that the account is in collections with and tell them to stop reporting it since its been 7 years? or who is reporting it? It was sold to a collections company long ago who has not tried contacting me about in probably 5 or 6 years and I've never made a payment on it to them.

Write letters to all three bureaus and the collector(s) and tell them to delete the account because it is outdated.  Send them 2 forms of your ID to prove who you are.  Best of luck!