Question

jenniflower

$69,000 in debt error, credit score effects?
98% of my bad credit is from the $69,000 in student loans that should have been discharged for permanent and total disability back in 2001. I just now disputed these on my credit and want to know what the difference in my score will be. aside from these loans i only owe $1500 total. My credit score is currently 541 OUCH

Most Helpful Response

Obviously the current effects are quite negative.  If your disputes go through and the items are deleted and/or changed to a positive status you should see a nice bump in your score.

There are more variables, however, such as missed or late payments, overall credit history (open and closed lines).  But, again, if your disputes succeed with a positive outcome you should see a good increase.

Best of luck :)