Question

JSON1239

668 Credit Score But Can't Get Approved For House?
I recently increased my credit score about 150 points to 668. I'm concerned however that I won't get approved for a house loan, as previously I was denied... about 4 years ago for getting a house. Any tips?

Most Helpful Response

There are loans available for people with challenged credit. FHA, VA (for veterans only), and USDA loans are the ones I'm aware of. 668 sounds decent enough that you may qualify for one of these, although you most likely won't qualify for conventional financing. For that you need a FICO of 680 or above, which would be around 720ish for CK's Vantage score. 
Talk to a local mortgage broker. It won't cost you anything and you may be surprised what they can do for you.