Question

653Me

653 score, do I stand a chance to get a car out the dealer on my own with out needing a co signer ?

It depends

About 2 years ago when I applied for my first car loan I got approved at 13% and $8,500 with a 550ish credit score. From what I've seen credit will determine the interest of your loan, and income to debt ratio will determine the loan amount. I only made $900 a month at the time so I got aproved for a small amount. So depending on the price of the car you want.. yes, and no. 

You should be OK

BUT, I would not rely on the dealer to get you a good deal.  Dealers tend to "Shop Your Credit" trying to get the best deal for them Not you.
I've heard horror stories about 20 different credit inquiries happening because a dealer was shopping a loan.  That will hurt your score in the long run.

Go to your bank of Credit Union and get Pre-approved for your loan.  Know in advance what you expect to pay for a down payment and what you want to pay monthly. That way you will know in advance what you can actually afford.  With as score of 650+ You should easily qualify for a loan. The parameters are up to you.  Your banker will tell you how to secure the loan once you've decided on a vehicle so don't expect to drive off with the new car the day you see it, But it will usually only take a few days. 

When you go into a dealer, You will know in advance what you qualified for and can negotiate as if you were paying in cash.

Good luck with the new ride.