Question

rubytuesday888

6/12 I cut up every CC in my name 2day I use 1 a secured card Community credit union WHY r there
Boy this has been a nightmare! ID THEFT by a spouse (now divorced 8/13) I use 1 CC a secured card. NOT A SINGLE additional card should be active. Many of those cards I cut up the applications were fraud not my JOHN HAN**** - HOW do I use your services to CLOSE out all CARDS I have not approved of? Making payments I do not argue r my debts BUT the circumstances start with FALSE forged applications 4 one year only I used these cards to survive EMOTIONAL side of this BAD CREDIT collections debacle. IF they take me to court would a judge listen and help me lower the late fees penalties?

Did you notify companies?

Cutting up credit cards does not close the accounts.  If you haven't already, go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of your credit reports.  Look them over thoroughly and file disputes in writing with the reporting credit bureau on all accounts and all information that is wrong/not yours.  Keep copies of all communications on these disputes until such time as the situation is fully resolved. If you received and used any of the 'fraudulent' credit cards, you are responsible for the charges on them because you accepted and used them.  THAT was your choice and is now your responsibility.