Question

Adamneedshelp

60+ point dip in score...why?1!?!
Hello All.

I have been very adamant on building my credit over the past 4 years which started with a secure cc and a car loan. My score improved from 618 back in Jan 2016 to 735 Jan 2017. For some reason my score fell 61 points on the most recent Feb update. No credit apps, no hits, no late payments...I am at a loss.

My student loan balance increased a total of $18 and my cc was paid down to a $0 balance. Could an $18 increase in an on-time/current balance student loan be the cause?? I have compared both reports CreditKarma provides from 1/31 to 2/17 to see what, if anything has changed to cause a 60 point dip. No other change in my report but those figures. Any idea what this could be from other than that $18 balance increase (again, that loan is in current standing, no missed payments since 2013). I can't pinpoint the cause and I feel helpless.....

I would be confused too and would advise you to follow your FICO scores. It is fine to check these now and then, but don't revolve around Vantage scores as most lenders use a version of FICO.