Question

aragorn200237

6 yr old bankruptcy have taken on no debt can I get a loan?
I had all my debt discharged under a chapter 7 bankruptcy almost 6 years ago. Since that time I have taken on no new debt. Meaning I have not taken out any loans or gotten any credit cards. I haven't had anything touch my credit since the bankruptcy. Now I am looking to get a used vehicle that costs $7995 and am going to put $2800 down as a down payment. How likely am I to get a loan. CK says my score is around 707.

Your score is good, but many lenders tend to shy away from bankruptcies less than 10 years old. If I were you, I'd talk to someone at your bank or credit union, making certain that you explain your situation *before* they do a credit check. This gives you the info you need without necessarily doing a hard inquiry on your credit, and as a bonus, if they go for it, you'll get a better interest rate if/when they do get you a loan.