Question

kodyco

599 credit score and poor payment history.
I have a charge off also that will drop next year. i have six things in collections that i can pay off but two of them should not be there. if i pay off those six things how long will it take for them to adjust my credit and show on my credit report? I need to buy a SUV soon and want to without no problem or want to fix them before i apply for a loan.

Some things on collections are not supposed to be there??  Are they yours?  Have you checked your credit reports?  If not, go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports. Look them over thorooughly and dispute any errors.   

Read the information on this site and utilize the tools here so you can lesarn how to best handle your credit.

You need to have a higher credit score in order to be able to finance any vehicle.  Any bad marks on your credit reports will not drop off any sooner than 7 years past the date of last activity, and this cannot be changed with items that ARE yours.  Consider buying a vehicle that is a year or two old.  That way you'll get a good price and still have a vehicle that will last about 10 or more years.  I did that (though I paid cash from sale of my house) , negotiated the price down to what I could pay (be definite and reasonable about this and be ready to walk away if dealer doesn't want to talk deal) and this vehicle is still running beautifully 8 years later!!