Question

Ahibz

550 credit score, need it to 600
So I'm looking to buy a home for the first time. I spoke with a mortgage broker and had them run my credit to see my middle score. BTW credit karma scores are not what mortgage brokers use. They use all three scores and use the middle score. I need to be around 600 and I want to be there as fast as possible. I paid off my only collections account and they said it takes 30-60 days to be removed from my credit. I keep my only credit card at 75% and I'm paying it down to 10% so I can keep using it and paying it but keeping it around 30% to keep rotating credit going. My dad just added me to 2 of his credit cards as authorized users. He keeps his utilization around 30%. I'm hoping someone can give me an estimate as to how long this will take to get me to 600.

Pay your Credit Card off and Keep it Paid off,  AND DON"T USE it for a few months.   

Not sure why everything thinks they have to keep using a Credit Card. 

AND NOT YOU DON"T NEED TO KEEP A BALANCE.    What kind of crap is "Rotaing Credit Going"  

Also it might hurt more then be helpful being added to your Dads Credit card(s).   If he is not paying off in Full,  could be very Harmful.    Buy hey,  

Nobody has a Magic 8 ball to tell you how long it will take.    Heck it could take a few months or a few years,  to many unknowns.