Question

Vortex153

51 point drop over 1 inquiry.
I received my updated score today and it has dropped from 635 to 584?! I was actually anticipating a higher score today. Here are the changes:
1 new inquiry. After a couple months of paying down credit cards and getting a couple collection accounts removed I reapplied for a mortgage and got approved.
Increased credit limit on a department store card from $2,200 to $2,600. This card has had a $0 balance for a few months and that hasn't changed.
$1,250 payment to Capital One. This dropped my utilization on this card from 95% to 55% and dropped my overall utilization to 30% from 36%.

I know my lender has already pulled my credit and my middle score was 641, which puts me in where I want for an FHA loan, but will this sudden drastic drop threaten my closing in a month?!

Most Helpful Response

Check your credit report and make sure nothing has appeared on there that was not there before.  the inquiry would not drop your score that much.  Something is going on and you need to find it so that it does not effect your morgage loan.

Vortex153

Thank you for your suggestions. I scoured the report for other changes and found nothing. However, my score jumped up 54 points today recovering all the points lost and gaining a few I had expected. I'm still lost as the reason for the massive drop and then jump. Maybe glitchy code in their system?