Question

Scobum

5 cards Help me work them
Lender Limit Balance Length
Kay Jewellers 900 0 $ 3-4 years
Victoria Secret. 550 25$ 6 months
Capital1 (secured) 500 50$ 1-1.5 years
Finger Hut Adv 500 50$ 1 week
Overstock.com 350 145$ 1 week

Here's the way I usually do it...
I usually make a purchase from kay and pay it off over about 6 months... To keep it reporting... I don't have much use for this card besides holidays. VS card I do the same and cap 1 I go thru my moments where I I pay extra to get the balance down but I don't use this card so much so I try not to pay too much on it..

So now I have 2 new cards I only got these cards to help with my credit... I'm not a big shopper but I'm gonna try to use these and pay them down frequently with hopes of getting an increase...
I can not get approved for a visa master card or discovery to save my life...
My current credit scores is about 620
I have 2 collections items added this year
1 charge off

The GOOD
Utilization has been in a good range
All payments for all accounts are 100% on time
Additional info
1 car loan (3 months ago)
1 personal loan (6 months ago)
I think I'm doing good but I keep getting the boot... Also my car loan apr is crayz high 22% Apr
9-12 inquires ... 8 from car shopping...

Most Helpful Response

Most of those cards you have carry astronomical interest rates.  You want to pay them in full as quickly as possible because of that.  In fact, you want to get every credit card paid in full as quickly as possible. If you are paying 22% on a car loan, then you are an at-risk borrower due to the credit history or income/debt ratio or something like that. Ido suggest you re-read the articles here so you can understand credit better.  Strive to get all these store cards paid in full, then lock them up for safe keeping.  Get the collections and charge-off paid up because these are bad marks that are preventing your credit improvement. After those are done, pay extra on the car to get that paid in full as soon as possible.  THEN you may have a chance to getting a Visa or MasterCard.  Right now you aren't doing great, but you can when you learn how to improve your credit, which is what Credit Karma is all about.

Scobum

My income is very low as well... 

You only need one card to report a small balance each month for scoring purposes. There is no need to ever carry a balance over. Let one card report a small balance (about ten percent or less of it's credit line) each month and then pay it off before the due date. Your current problem is not caused by how you use your cards, it is caused by other things, such as:

You have two recent loans, which tells me that the balances of the loans are close to the original amount of the loans. What you need to do here is to pay them down as much as you can. Keep in mind though, that during credit building you don't want to pay any loans completely off as that will usually cause scores to decrease.

Your second problem is the recent collection accounts. Do some reading on "Pay For Delete Agreements" and try to get those collections removed if you have the money to pay them. Collection accounts really hurt a credit profile.

Do as much reading as you can on all credit topics. Work to get those loans paid down and collections removed. Hopefully in six months to a year, depending on your progress you can get that high interest auto loan refinanced and start getting the credit cards that you wish for. Any questions along the way, feel free to ask.

P.S. Don't open any more accounts for a while and stay away from store cards unless you can really use them.

Scobum

The personal loan I have is for 1 year I'm about 6 months into the loan. 

The high car loan I am paying the payment as well as an equal principle payment each month.. I had intentions on attemteing to refinance at the end of this month but 😓 I think I'll wait a little longer I have so many inquires.. 

My utilization ratio at this point it pretty good 270 out of 2800 credit.. I plan to pay about 200 in full this month and make another purchase... So that I can show activity and possibly get an increase.. I earned 2 increases and opened 2 cards this month.. I thought I was doing well... Hmm I was carrying a balance for a while just to keep the scores reporting... 

As as far as the pay for delete process goes it's pretty darn confusing bc they can refuse to grant that request 😓 I'll give it a try... Being that these collections are so new they will be sticking with me for quite some time if not ... 

Thanks for for your advice