Question

midwestboost

414 score need help
I used to have perfect credit then through a series of poor decisions college and not making enough money I now sit at the bottom of my perfectly dug hole with my 414 credit score. My question is I have been paying down my debt( biggest issue is my private student loan with wells fargo) and I make decent money but my credit score sucks. I have 2 capital one unsecured cards Quicksilver with a $500 limit and a platinum $300 limit that I have managed to hang onto since before my credit took the plunge. My question is to improve should I use the 2 cards to pay down debt then pay off the card immediately? What is the best option here I can manage the card payments now with the other bills since I now make way better money I'm just slightly overwhelmed trying to figure it all out.

Lots to Consider

Are there a lot of missed payments or collections on your report to have pulled your cs that low? If so, how long ago were they? If it's just the debt and no negatives on your report, just pay what you can with the credit cards and pay them off in full each month. Keep those cards as they will help with the length of your credit history. If there are missed payments on your record, you just have to wait 7 years from when they appeared on your record but the more time passes the less they affect you. Hang in there!!!