Question

soughtseven

41 Missed Payments, Help me recover!
I have a total of 40 missed payments from my student loan from AES. The account is split up into 4 individual inquiries on my report. I missed 10 payments for each account which was almost an entire year of 120 days late. It was 2 years ago. What is the best way to go about clearing these from my report because my report is very good elsewhere, but potential lenders see this and run as far as they can away from me. PLEASE HELP! Will paying each one off individually delete it from my report? Then I can get them down by 10 each time?

Most Helpful Response

Unfortunately, Its part of your history

Delinquencies and derogitory remarks stay on your report for 7 years.  Paying them off will not make them go away.

Getting them caught up and paid off will make them have less effect on your score going forward.  As they age and you show a good payment history they will have less impact.  40 missed payments is a lot, but a perfect payment history and no collections for 2 years or so and they will have little to no impact.  

Good Luck