Question

mkhan6349

4 year old collection not showing on any credit report..would paying it off hurt?
I've read that paying the old collection accounts will hurt the credit score as the status will be updated on the credit report but I want to know if same is true if the collection has not been reported to the any of the collection agencies?

Background: I have debt of $1627 for college tuition since 2010 and it doesn't show on any of my credit reports (I don't know why but it doesn't on any of them). I want to know if paying that debt would make the collection agency report it to the Credit Bureau?

Is this a private student loan or federal student loan?