Question

BeTheBallNANAnanana

4 of my accounts were deliqent a bit less than 7 years ago. Will my score improve once 7 years pass?
I had four credit cards that hit a first instance of being delinquent 6 years, 9 months ago. Those accounts are now closed, and I have had no other delinquencies (on any account) since then; no derogatory remarks, no bankruptcy. May I expect those four accounts that were delinquent will no longer affect my credit score after seven years pass? Will my credit score improve once the seven year mark passes? Thank you in advance for any insight in this regard, and be well.

Most Helpful Response

In my experience, once the delinquent months dropped off, they were no longer factored into the algorithm used to determine my score, and I saw an immediate and substantial increase in my score.

I don't think you will see a significant improvement. Although the late payments stay on your report for 7 years I believe them to be weighted less and less as time passes and at this point do not affect your score that significantly. I hope for your sake I am wrong and you experience a significant increase in your credit score. Please let us know what happens.