Question

psyconius

30 years old and plenty of bad credit decisions over the years, but somehow thin credit?
My first two credit cards I got when I was 18 years old maxed out and went to collections. I have various utility, medical bills, and even a couple evictions all in the last 6 or 7 years that I am sure are on my credit report. Nothing ridiculous.. The credit cards and utility bills(two of the utilities I just paid off last month, actually) are all in the few hundreds.. Probably a couple thousand in medical bills, but otherwise no huge debts to name. However, Verizon wants an $800 deposit for 2 cell phones on a new plan. That isn't all that surprising to me, but when I came to CK to get my report it is telling me that I have a thin file! This can't be right. Any ideas?

Dang, Looks like a Train Wreck to me.

The 2 credit cards might have  rolled off your Credit reports by now,  depends you can check your free credit reports, get them at  www.annualcreditreport.com   Check to see were the two you have paid off show up.

Medical Bills that have not been paid will end up in collections and this will show up on your credit report.

Some Utility companies do report  payment history to one or 2 Credit bureau’s it depends on the utility company.   Late Payments will show up another Ding.

The evictions may show up,  if they do more negative information.

If I was Verizon would only sell you a pre-paid phone,  just going by this information alone.  

From the Looks of it,  you don’t have Credit History just a TON of Collection History that does not look good.

I would say it's time to grow up.

Credit History takes time, so does your Credit Score.

Get a cell that is $50 a month unlimited

No plan