Question

razz912

3 Year Old Medical Collections- Pay or No?
I'm trying to improve my credit to buy a home. American Reporting Company said to improve my credit I need to pay off all my debt and get a credit card. Most of my debp is medical from 3 years ago and a comcast bill that i don't agree with (six months old). I am now in a place where I can pay these off with a payment plan but I want my scores to go up, not down .

Try to get a PAY FOR DELETE agreement, this is where you pay them the balance and they remove it from your reports. You can google this and learn more about it. And yes, if you do not currently have a credit card, then you should get one to help rebuild your credit. Even if you cannot get a pay for delete agreement, with most mortgage lenders all collections have to be paid to qualify for a mortgage, so you may want to pay them regardless.