3 credit cards were stolen - I cancelled.Need to have Equifax flag my account? We're buying a house!
My wallet was stolen and recovered 3 hours later. 3 credit cards were stolen - I cancelled all of them and there were 2 only unauthorized purchases on 1 card (Chase mastercard). From my wallet no Social Security info was stolen as I don't keep that information there.
Do I need to contact Equifax etc. for fraud monitoring? We are buying a new home in 4-8 weeks. I also have Arag Legal Services (from my wife's employer UCLA) that does credit monitoring.
Do I need to contact Equifax/credit bureaus to flag my account? I am hoping "no."
Thank you!