Question

Jacksween

27 points drop on credit scores
So I just noticed that my credit score had dropped 27 points recently, I had applied for a Chase credit card on November 2014 and I wouldn't be surprised it knocked a few points off my score, but 27 points?

I had no prior history of late payments or over utilization of credit card but there were 2 things that concern me was 1) I lost my ID during a vacation on December (identity theft possibly?) and 2) I recently signed a agreement with Verizon with it's edge program (hard pull?)

Neither way, credit karma did not show any history of hard inquiries so I was wonder if there's something wrong otherwise, I do really appreciate if someone can help in solving my doubts here.

Impossible to answer your question.  You'd have to carefully review reports before and after the change to determine the cause.  You also need to consider that Chase probably doesn't use the same scoring models that CK uses and may not use TransUnion or Equifax.