Question

kaitandlena

25-year-old with score of 741 wants to raise credit score - advice?
Hi all,
I have a score of 741 and aspire, as I'm sure many of you do, to get up into the "excellent" range eventually. Here are my details: I have 91% on time payments (made some mistakes when I was a bit younger), my oldest credit line is 7 years old, I pay off all of my credit cards every week, I have 5 credit cards (2 recently opened for BONUSES :), I owe $16,000 in student loans and will start paying those off next month. I also have some hospital bills from a while ago that I am going to call and set up a payment plan for on Monday. That's basically the situation. I bought a car but paid for it upfront so no credit from that.

Please take the time to read the articles here because you are making a big mistake in paying your credit cards every week.  There is a usage percentage that helps your score and you are not getting that with weekly payments.  Learn about statute of Limitations on collections and how to negotoiate a 'pay for delete' agreement on the medical bills.  And work to maintain 100% on-time payments now on which will help bring your score up.  When you start on those student loans, make them on-time also.  Won't be too long before you achieve that 'excellent' rating on your score.