Question

MAJ66

23 Medical Bills in Collection
I have 23 medical bills totally $25,000, for a treatment required for my illness. The collection agency is listing the bills separately, although I owe one hospital. Can I get this changed to one default instead of 23? It's killiing my credit.

You could try writing to the CA

Write a letter, address it to the "collections manager" of the CA,   ask if they will consolidate all debts from the single creditor onto one collections account. If you ask for a payment plan at the same time they may be more likely to work with you.  Worst case senario is that they won't do it, but it never hurts to ask.  Many times you will have bills from seperate enities (the hosptal, each doctor, or department) and they may not combine all, but they may be able to consolidate some.