Question

Lbarrie

2009 Credit Card Collection just appeared
I had a Collection agency send a request to me and a report to Equifax about a credit card that I don't remember having it says I opened it in 2006 and the creditor sold it in 2009. It has never appeared on my credit reports. In 2010 I went through Credit Education and it took about 5 years and I cleaned up and took care of everything on my credit reports and was able to buy a house. I tried to dispute it but they say it;s mine what can I do. I don't want to call or respond as I have heard not to do that.

Do some reading on "debt validation letters" "FDCPA (fair debt collection practices act)" and keep in mind that if the creditor sold the account in 09, it probably went delinquent long before that, so you should be at the seven year mark right now, if this was actually your account.