Question

OUsooner79

2008 collection on credit report
I had an auto loan and in August 2008 and it was repo'd or a self repo. I hired a credit repair company out of Florida to remove these collection accounts. They were removed however a short time later they reappeared. How do I permanently removed these accounts from my credit report? What are my rights? I thought if these accounts were never collected on the original creditor wasn't able to actively collect or report to the credit bureaus?

You can try a Validation letter

or you can wait it out.  The collection co can and will report for 7 years. Per the law,  It is part of your credit history. Unless you had an agreement in writting with the creditor that they would remove the Derog from your report it will continue to appear.

You can wait it out as it should fall off next year or you can try a validation letter.  Google it for a template.  It may work to get the account off your report sooner. It may be worth a try. If it is the only negitive thing on your account., I certainly would.