Question

SuperButterfly

2 old accounts and not had credit long enough, any suggestions
I have 2 old accounts I never paid in full several years ago. I know it will be removed from my report eventually. When they are removed, will my credit improve? The companies have already closed the debt. I was having a hard time financially and did the best I could, just alot of sickness in my family. I would like to improve my credit. I have had other accounts at atleast 3 or 4 other places and paid on time in full. But these 2 debts are holding my credit at a low score. I don't know how to remove them or if it's even worth it, if it's going to be removed soon. Also, the limit of time I've had credit is affecting my score. I guess there's nothing I can do about that, but wait right? Ugh, wish I could raise my score to atleast fair. It's only went up like 200 points or less in a year. Any suggestions?

Usually 7 years...

In most cases, negatve items have to stop being reported after seven years from the date of delinquincy. There are several exceptions to that rule, including bankruptcy and back taxes. This article talks all about it :http://blog.creditkarma.com/credit-101/credit-questions-answers/from-our-facebook-community-how-to-deal-with-old-debts/

Congrats on raising your score 200 points! Be patient - and keep doing what you're doing -  and you should continue to improve your score. Just make sure you keep credit lines open, pay on time, and don't overextend yourself, financially speaking...though I know this is often easier said than done ;)