Question

Posted in Auto Insurance

chrispy4

1st time auto insurance buyer
I am interested in purchasing a brand new chevy l=malibu valued at around 21,000. How much should I expect to pay for auto insurance monthly under full coverage? I don't want to get bamboozled.

Most Helpful Response

Depends on where you live, how old you are, your marital status, the vehicle (not its price, but type, age, etc) and your traffic record. If you're a 19-year-old single guy in New York City who had an accident and three tickets in the past two years and want to insure a shiny new Mercedes Benz, you will pay through the nose. If you're a 50-year-old empty-nester in BFE Wyoming with a perfect record and driving a beat-up old 2002 minivan, you'll pay next to nothing. When I was a punk kid in uniform stationed in Las Vegas, single, and driving a brand-new Jeep Wrangler fresh off the lot? My insurance payment was practically as big as the loan payment. Now I live in rural Oregon and drive one of two used vehicles that my wife and I own free and clear... and I pay more for cigarettes each month than I do for full-coverage insurance on both vehicles (that is, practically nothing). Long story short, you're probably going to have to ask an insurance agent (or two, preferably 3-4 different ones so that you can get some quotes and find the best price/coverage/etc.)

Insurance

If I were you I would have gone to the website of Gieco and AAA and progressive and ... tried to get some qoutes based on my situation( age, marital status , drive experience,...) and then after you had a qoute try contacting one of them and once they told you the price tell them that you have a better offer from they rivals. This way you can get a lot of discount on your offer. If you have any friends who are paying a certain amount of money for thier insurance you can tell them that my friend is paying this amount of money and they will give you the same offer. Try to negotiate but do not give up.Know that there is always another company that can give a better offer but know when to accept the offer.

Auto Insurance

Here's one for the books.  I'm a 70 year old single woman who is just getting a car after a long hiatus of not driving.  It's a 1999 Toyota Corolla.  I own my own home in a troubled neighborhood.  Should I try to get auto insurance that stands alone or try to get a combination insurance for home and auto?  Will my age prove a problem?

Random789644

Combo, for the discounts. Age shouldn't prove a problem as long as you have a current DL and no accidents.