1st card: Question concerning utilization %
I just got approved for a rewards card with a $2500 limit. I would like to keep my utilization below 10% during the month to help keep my credit in good shape. In my case that would mean to keep the balance below $250 during the billing period and then pay everything in full on the due date.

My question is, could I make charges that will exceed 10% (or even 30% or more) utilization and pay them down to ~2% utilization in time for the report to the credit bureau?

For example, could I use my card for a $800 plane ticket, car repair or whatever, pay that off immediately after making the purchase so that it won't affect my credit utilization %? As long as the report is not right on that day, it shouldn't affect it, correct?