Question

harperh779

19 Year Old Credit Questions
Some information:

19 : Age
Only credit inquires would be 2 Federal Loans for school in the amount of 4,750

My question lies in the fact that I have about 5 debts in collections adding up to about 4-5 thousand dollars. They are mostly hospital bills and ambulance fees. I have been on my own for a while and can't count on anyone but myself. I don't have an income at the moment but I am in school.

What can I do? Can I tell these credit collection agencies my situation and maybe they will help?

I am also a primary caregiver for my grandmother if that is relevant.

If you are unable to offer to make any type of payment, then don't bother contacting the collectors.  They won't want to talk to you unless you can offer some type of payment plan.  They will fall off your report 7 years from the date they were incurred if you do nothing.  Worse case scenario is that they file a judgment against you, then that stays on your record for 10 years.  Only other option I can think of is to contact a non-profit consumer counseling group to see if they can help.  If they want to charge you money, run.  That means they aren't a true non-profit.  You can Google it for a list.  Best of luck!