Question

ApplePieInSky

16,783 credit card debt. 757 credit score- advice on transfer please
Hello- I have a high debt of 16,783 on my Citibank card. My APR is 9.9%. My limit is 24,000 on the card. 757 credit score.

Should I try for a personal loan or do a 0 percent balance transfer? I can only afford to pay about $250/month at best, as I changed jobs and took a pay cut. I also have student loan and car payment which are roughly $8000 combined that I still owe. They both have low interest rates already, so I am more concerned about my citibank card.

Thank you!

Also-

What are the odds that I would get approved for a balance transfer of 16,000?

Don't do a transfer,

You have a card with a better apr then you will get on other cards.  If you get another card with a 0 APR about  18 months at the longest and at the end the APR will be much higher then what you have now.  You are only able to pay 250 a month ( 3000 a year ) so it will take you around 6 to 7 years to pay it off.   

If you want to pay it down quicker,  sell something or  get a 2nd job.

Good Luck.