Question

nshock160

160 PT DROP After Sending Pay To Delete Letter!
I recently started to do self credit repair. I only have two items in collections. After extensive research, I sent a Pay to Delete letter to a collection agency which I owed about $600 to. They responded shortly thereafter via mail saying 1. they are not able to delete any reportings (which I know is false) and 2. They will request for the credit bureaus to list the status of this account as "disputed". Prior to sending my letters, my score was 619 (as of mid-January). It is now about two weeks later and my credit score is now 459!!! I am in utter shock and do not know what to do. The only change I can see is that the collection is now listed as an item "Sent to Collections" whereas before it was under my "Open collections." The payment status also says "collections/charge-off". I am unsure how to resolve this. I prepared a Validation of Account letter to send to them in hopes to get it removed. What else can/should I do?

update: i am now realizing the drop in the score is likely as a result of the new CK update.