Question

taylorjoy

100% payment history, "fair" credit score??
I really don't understand this--I have 100% payment history on *everything*, ever, in my entire life. I've never missed a rent, utilities, credit card, or student loan payment, EVER. I had a collection notice on my file that was *incorrect*, because I didn't owe it--the doctor made a mistake, & I moved, so I got no notices. I've contacted them, & they're removing it. However, even on my TransUnion report, which didn't even *have* that collection, my score is only 710!!! How can I get my score up if I'm already *doing* everything right?

More goes into a credit score than on-time payments. The number of accounts matter too. Be aware that rent & utilities are not reported to the bureaus (unless you don't pay them of course). Now, it sounds like you only have one credit card and one student loan. Is the loan and card reported to all three bureaus? Even if they are, that is not enough accounts. Three credit cards and one installment loan are the basics for building credit. Do some reading on how to build credit and also watch your FICO scores. I agree, that you should be rewarded for being responsible as you have been, but unfortunately that is not how the credit game works. Any more questions please feel free to ask (start a new question though)