Question

tessamojo

10 year old delinquent payments showing up, what to do?
4 delinquent payments made over 10 years ago show up on in credit karma, apparently from one or more of my credit reports. How can I get these removed? The account was closed in 1992, the delinquent payments were from before that. Thanks.

Most Helpful Response

First thing is to check all 3 credit reports because the info here comes from Transunion.  Go to annualcreditreport.com to get copies of all 3 credit reports which you will look over very carefully for any wrong entries (account not yours, wrong information, etc).  File a dispute on each wrong entry with the credit bureau reporting it.  They must investigate and either verify or delete those items.   Make this checkup an annual ritual so only correct information shows on your credit reports.

For these accounts that showed up, the reason for dispute may be that the statute of limitations has expired and they are, thus, uncollectable.  The only reason the accounts MIGHT be collectable still would be if the creditor obtained a judgement  which they have renewed.  That would show on the credit report under Public Record. 

I am showing a 28 year old unpaid loan still on my credit repory ...can I do anything to get it off my report?